Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well..... I ended up buying this thermometer (m)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
link below. I've been needing one for a while (I use a gas grill) but I think I'll use it even more now because I'm picking up my large BGE tomorrow. HORRAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I'm thinking of throwing a prok tenderloin on for the first meal on saturday. Got any good recipes?

Comments

• The Other Dave
    Options
    TideJoe, a brine is not an option for pork tenderloin, in my opinion. It is a requirement and you won't regret it.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    TideJoe,
    Big Muth`s Puerco adbobo from the submitted recipe section is awesome...so are almost any of the pork tenderloin recipes..its a great piece of meat that will come out tender and juicy almost every time, no matter flavoring you add to it...dont overcook it though.[p]Wess

[ul][li]Puerco adobo[/ul]
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    TideJoe,
    I have had very good luck just marinating for a few hours or over night in Italian dressing and cooking indirect at 350° for about one hour until the internal temp rises to 140°-145°. I lay strips of bacon over the top and use apple wood for smoke. UMMMM GOOD!!

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    TideJoe,[p]Pork tenderloins are a great first cook and are pretty quick and easy. Just don't overcook them. Here's a favorite recipe of mine....[p]Coffee-Crusted Pork Tenderloins[p]4 tbsp freshly ground coffee beans
    4 tsp coarse salt (kosher or sea)
    4 tsp dark brown sugar
    2 tsp sweet paprika
    1 ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1 ¼ tsp garlic powder
    1 ¼ tsp onion powder
    ¾ tsp ground cumin
    ¾ tsp ground coriander
    ¾ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder[p]1 ½ - 2 lbs pork tenderloin
    2 tbsp canola oil[p]In a small bowl, mix together the coffee, salt, brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic and onion powders, cumin, coriander, and cocoa. Sprinkle the rub on the tenderloins. Drizzle the oil over the tenderloins and rub it in well. Wrap in Saran Wrap and let sit at least 4 hrs but overnight is better. [p]Preheat cooker to 300° - 325° dome temperature. Cook tenderloins direct on a raised grid and flip every 10 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 145°. Slice thin to serve.[p]QBabe
    :~)[p]

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    TideJoe,[p]Here's how I do them.[p]TRex
    [ul][li]Pork Tenderloins[/ul]
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    TideJoe,[p]I've been playing around with variations on Mr. Toad's tenderloin recipe lately. I'm not too fond of fig preserves AND I had some inexpensive roasted raspberry chipotle sauce that was rather thick. It seemed a good alternative to me! Also, the dried fruit I've tried - craisins, dried mango, apricots and dried cherries (two at a time). While mangoes are probably my favorite fruit, I think I could pass on the dried mangoes - too chewy. I like the craisins and the cherries the best, but I don't think I'd put them together as they're too similar.[p][p]Mr. Toad's Pork Tenderloin[/p]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Pakak,
    MrToads recipe is for a pork "loin" not a tenderloin, which is typically much smaller than a loin. Just for the record.[p]Wess

• Buck Shot
    Options
    TideJoe,[p]I would put my own version of the pork tenderloin but with respect the QBabe and her coffe crusted masterpiece that she cooked at eggfest this past year. I will refrain from adding another recipe and recommend hers.[p]You rock QBabe.
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Buck Shot,[p]Awwww, thanks! [p]Tonia
    :~)

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    WessB,[p]Damn, you're right. I messed up, but I messed up good I guess because I've been using it for a pork tenderloin and everyone has been raving about it.
  • I was wondering why I should be pounding a tenderloin, just didn't make sense. LOL The method works for a tenderloin though, I can vouch for it. Actually the pounding makes it into nice, flat pieces that can easily handle the stuffing portion. Turns out a lot more tender than a loin too, I bet.[p]Pakak aka Mark