Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

24hr Egg Marathon (w/pics)

Options
slo-ryd
slo-ryd Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a long week at work, so I couldn't wait to get the egg fired up. So much in fact that I planned a number of consecutive cooks starting yesterday afternoon about 2pm. A quick trip to Sams Club after getting off work at noon and we were ready to go.

The anticipation was killing Henry, he was anxious to get started. He helped me build a righteous pile of lump that would make the long haul.
EM1.JPG

Three racks of ribs went on about 2:30pm Saturday and came off about 7pm. They were quite delicious! (sorry no after pic they didn't last long) :whistle:
EM2.JPG

While the ribs were cooking, me and the wife slathered our butts :cheer: with yellow mustard and butt rubb and let them sit in the fridge. They went on just after ribs came off.
EM3.JPG
The small butt came off 13 hours later
EM4.JPG
The 9lb slab came off at 17 hours
EM5.JPG
Throw on a couple of fatty's for breakfast this week making it a bit over 24 hours on one load of lump with coals to spare.
EM6.JPG
Last pic of a sliced fatty and my favorite Martha Stewart knife. I figure with her past prison experience she ought to know her way around a blade B)
EM7.JPG
LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    A journeyman's effort. It's amazing the burn rate we get out of oour eggs. I've gone almost 16 hours on load of lump on the medium. I believe I can get more with a load of lump packed up to the plate setter.

Looks like Martha goes to Wusthoff for her steel.

Thanks for the pics and good looking cooks.
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Slo-It's making me tired just thinking about all that cooking :P
    Brian
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    slo-ryd,

That be a good weekend :)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• slo-ryd
    slo-ryd Posts: 27
    Options
    Boss Hogg wrote:
    Slo-It's making me tired just thinking about all that cooking :P
    Brian

I hear you.... but I've only had my egg a little over a week so I'm trying a lot of stuff. Henry knows not to get too close :P

Thanks guys for the comments.
    LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.
  • CaptainJimmy
    Options
    nice cook!

i find with a careful choice of lump, up to 40 hours or more on a large is quite possible (and easy!)

i find wicked good weekend warrior to be so dense that it just burns and burns forever, and is very easy to control temps with.