Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christened the new Mini today!

Options
Paul58
Paul58 Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a new Mini at the Mother Ship yesterday while attending the Gameday Grilling Fest. We've been wanting one for our RV, and got this one at a great price. We couldn't wait till we went camping again to try it out, so it's maiden voyage was a honkin chicken breast grilled to perfection for a grilled chicken dinner salad tonight!

Here's the new Mini on my ETable next to the resident MBGE!

MiniEgg1.jpg

Here's that chicken breast they pert near covered the grill top on the Mini!

MiniEgg2.jpg

Can't wait to fire it up for the first time at the campground! The Mrs wants to be able to chain it to the RV so it don't grow leags an walk off at night!

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Congrats on the new arrival. You're going to be impressed how quickly and high the mini heats up. It's a rocket ship!
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Paul,
    Congrats on the new purchase! Lookin to add to my egg family too. Trying to come up with ideas for an outside kitchen, and a buddy for my large...i'm thinkin a medium...
    Powder Springs.... I used to live right off Thorton Rd.!
  • Paul58
    Options
    NoVA Bill wrote:
    Congrats on the new arrival. You're going to be impressed how quickly and high the mini heats up. It's a rocket ship!

We found that out tonight, took no time at all to hit 450, and the chicken breast was done before we knew it! Might have to leave it at the house when not camping rather than leave it in the RV as we had planned!
  • Paul58
    Options
    c tredwell wrote:
    Paul,
    Congrats on the new purchase! Lookin to add to my egg family too. Trying to come up with ideas for an outside kitchen, and a buddy for my large...i'm thinkin a medium...
    Powder Springs.... I used to live right off Thorton Rd.!

We were drooling over the Large Eggs yesterday, I really like the new design of the Large Nest. We hoped to win one in the Raffle, but our number didn't come up this time... We're near Pine Valley and Hwy 92, not too far from Thorton Rd!
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    Get ready if you haven't melted the gaskets yet. I had several cooks at 450 and below and all was fine but once I took it over 450 with a plate setter the adhesive let go. NBD as I had the nomex ready to go.

Good luck!!
  • Paul58
    Options
    Already experienced that with our Medium! It now wears a Nomex Gasket. Do they make a plate setter for the Mini? If so I might have to get one...
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    I can't find the URL but go out on Amazon and look for the 8.5 inch backing stones, those used with the CGS mini KIM woo and you'll have your set up for indirect eggin'.
  • Paul58
    Options
    Bill,

you lost me after the 8.5 inch baking stone, what the heck is "CGS mini KIM woo" Sounds Korean to me!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Bonnie and I took her mini to the bar to show some of our friends what it could do. "Watch this thing get to 600 degrees!" says I. Well, it did. I guess you can guess the rest. But I'll tell ya anyway! I lifted the lid and both gaskets were drooping and melting. I grabbed them and flung them across the patio. Hey, what the heck. Everyone got a good laugh. And it kept huffing and puffing away! So we cooked burgers . Everyone was going nuts! They all want one. A mini that is...plus another burger!
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    CGS = CeramicGtrillStore, tjv, aka Tom, makes various kits (woo2, mini kim woo, etc.) for the eggs. I tried to get the URL but could connect. Using the mini kim woo and an 8.5 inch baking stone eliminate the need for a plate setter - visit the site Tom has good write ups and pictures. The baking stones come 2 in a pack and provides a stone for indirect cooks and an extra stone for baking, e.g., pizzas. Take a look at the Tom's site it'll do a lot better job explaining than me.

Hope this helps.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Very nice. I hope to add a mini to my collection next spring.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!