Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last Night's STEAK

Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited 6:27AM in EggHead Forum
steak1.jpg
Got a 2-pak of 16oz T-bones from my monthly trip to Sam's. Above is one of them. Used the "steakmaker" that I won at the Texas Eggfest a few yrs back. I know it's old stuff, but worth a try.
steak2.jpg
A fuzzy close-up of the 1" thick 16ozer with the rub on.
steak4.jpg
Small heated to 600 and threw in some soaked mesquite chips right before placing seasoned/oiled cast iron grate.
steak6.jpg
Throw that baby on!!!
steak7.jpg
Did a turn after a little more then 1 min before flipping to get the diamonds..
steak8.jpg
Just over 5 min dinner was served. No fancy plates or veggies or sides. Just a steak knife, fork, and cheap Busch Light beer. I am considering moving to Wyoming to be a cowboy:)
·

Comments

• mojomojo Posts: 216
    Well Cowboy, looks like you've got the first step down. Nice looking steak!
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Todd, that steak looks humongous. You got two of those beauties? Good job.
    ·
  • Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Yes Sir, I got 2 of them. The other is in the freezer.
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    You're killing me! Great looking steak!

Can't wait to get to Costco today and stock up with steak :) and find the gas grill here at the resort :( - I'll be like you as this is the week of the big steak.

Be careful there are already two gun slingers in the west aka ~thirdeye~ and GG. :laugh: :side: :laugh:
    ·