Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting ready for FL mini-fest

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

I picked up six (6) pounds of shrimp today from HungryMan to prepare the Shrimpburgers for Saturday night. After cleaning the shrimp, chopping half into chunks and chopping up a bundle of Cilantro, adding a few other ingredients...all got mixed together and will get happy in the fridge tonight. Tomorrow evening I'll shape the mixture into the burger patties (more like sliders) to be ready to cook as soon as I get there Saturday evening.

Here is the mixture all together...
S082009-2.jpg

Also tomorrow night we'll put together one of EggHatter's Chocolate-Nut Dream Rolls for a late night snack to satisfy all the chocoate lovers. Here is a pic of the one we did in Peoria...
P6060014.jpg

and sliced...
P6060015.jpg

Can't hardly wait to get there...really wish we could go tomorrow, but other obligations come first.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Looks great Jay! Sorry I'll be missing it this year. You'd better hurry up and get there, from the background sounds on Pat's phone earlier, they seemed to have started without you! :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Everything will be setup and waiting for you and Kathy :woohoo: B)
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Todd:

Unfortunately we can't get there until Saturday evening, but we will make up for lost time!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    My wife has been on my butt to make her shrimpburgers since last Eggtoberfest's afterparty,Guess I better step up.R U commin to Hotlanta this year??? :huh:
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Morning Jay!!! Can't wait to see you both!! And although we may have started before you, there will still be plenty of gas in the tank after your famous shrimp burgers!!! :laugh: Can't wait to see you!! Drive safe! We will be eagerly awaiting your arrrival! :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    That looks some tasty Jay!! you will all be eating pretty good this weekend I think LOL have fun and travel safe :)
  • SubVet
    SubVet Posts: 12
    Options
    SSN686:

Just found out about the mini-fest in FLATODAY. Although I understand it is a closed event, I was wondering if I could just stop by and say hello. You were the guy who convinced me to get my BGE a few years ago and I really wanted to stop by to meet you and say hello.

Although I haven't been on the forum for a while (boy did it change), I am still smoking/grilling every chance I can and have given my BGE a worthy location in my yard (built a deck just for the BGE).

Don't know where it's being held but I'm beachside in Melbourne.

Sean (SubVet)