Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fidel

Options
DynaGreaseball
DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A long time ago, I think it was you who posted a great thread about really nice cutting boards. I think you identified a maker of them. They had great pix and a nice variety on their web site. Do you still have the address of that web site?

Thanks, and best regards,

**** Aldridge

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Fidel will wake up sometime. In the mean time here are a few sites that have been mentioned here over the last few years.

http://www.ozarkwest.com/

http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/photo_pages/photo_page20.php
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Thanks Richard. Maybe it was you, instead of Fidel, who posted it. Or, you both buy your boards from the same guy. Anyway, they're works of art! My bamboo boards are shortening the life of my knife edges too soon, and I guess I better get a new one that looks good in the kitchen and impresses my guests. Thanks for the info.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    I have a bamboo board in the kitchen and most of the time I use a plastic cover on it. Some one gave me a few plastic sheets that are made for cutting and then I pick it up and toss the chopped food into the pot. Biggest problem I am seeing with my bamboo is that it is starting, after 2 years to warp from the hand washing.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Hey ****,

I got my board from Ozark West a couple years ago and it is still just as nice as the day it was delivered. Terrific service and a great product.

There are other competitors that do just as good a job. The Board Smith gets a few nods here on this site, and several people speak highly of the Boos blocks.

(Sorry for the delayed response - I've been doing lawn work since I got home from work today)
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    I have really liked my bamboo boards. My goto chef's knife is a Henckels Solingen with about a 23/26 degree edge. It holds up pretty well against the bamboo, but I have a new Shun that I am starting to use more often. It has more of a razor edge, and while the steel is harder, I find it more suseptable to the evils of bamboo. Kinda hate to dump my old bamboo boards, but I hate sharpening the Shun even more. Thanks again for the help.

P.S. I have good friends in Melborn Beach, and fond memories of riding there on my bike, just after Daytona with my brother one year.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    I lived in Melbourne Beach '86-'02, nice area. Check out the plastic cutting surface. Someone gave me mine, they are only a few $$ each.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

"Fidel's Lawn Service" :laugh: :laugh:

That got me out looking and thinking about cutting the lawn but that is as far as wit went. I did roll up the hoses.

Kent