Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North to Alaska Day 4

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you who are still interested, here is Day 4 of our Alaskan trip.

So far we have been in Alaska four days and traveled about 600 miles by bus, train, boat and wagon and haven't seen a Big Green Egg yet.

This day we bussed the last few miles from Girdwood to Whittier where our ship was waiting for us.

We couldn't board the ship until the afternoon so we toured Prince William Sound and Glacier Bay in the morning. Fantastic experience.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAl3afCGGQw

Spring "Wanna Buy Some Excess Photos Real Cheeeep" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Wow what wonderful shots - looking forward to the next day. Thanks for sharing.
  • really enjoying following your travels leroy....i drove through that tunnel to whittier in january a few years ago when i was up in alaska on business. ...when i came through on the whittier side the town was completely shut down for the winter...i swear i was the only guy there and while i was driving a four wheel drive jeep, the street were covered in snow, and i was thinking if got stuck anywhere it would be about a week or until the spring thaw before anyone found me!! . ...that rock tunnel is really cool though!! . . .and that road up there from girdwood in the winter is full of avanlanch shoots that during the winter has posted signs that say "don't stop next XX miles, avalanche danger".. .and you can see where the slides come right up to the edge of the road. .. .pretty exciting ride in january i can tell you, but absolutely beautiful!! ...

thanks for the trip down memory lane!!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Thanks for the treat! We look forward to your Alaska travelogue!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

WOW, "Toto... I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore" :blink:

I loved every minute of it Leroy, what a great trip! I have a degree in Geography and would have been bug eyed the whole time. I was enjoying listening to your guide on the boat at the glacier talking about the moraines. Moraines have made some pretty nice real estate, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket are a few. It's exciting to see the process in action. The last time we had a glacier down this way was a little before my time. Thank you Sir.

Gator

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Going to Alaska without going to Alaska, thanks for posting.

GG
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Looks beautiful Leroy and a good trip it must have been.

Now, It's 89 outside and probably at least that inside as I'm not running my air. I saw all that ice and snow, shut my ceiling fan off and put my beanie on, goose bumps. :(

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Can you believe we snagged that place (most of which you can't see from where you are) for $7.2 mil?

Beautiful Leroy. Looks like you are having the time of your lives.
    Have fun!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Thanks for sharing Leroy, we took the same trip last year

Ross
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Great trip Judy and Leroy..We envy you..Keep the pics coming.

Faye and Ray
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    A BIG thank you, again Leroy!!! As you know I sold everything but my vw bug and went up there with a friend for a summer. Brings back great memories.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Leroy.............LOVE your videos..........TKS for sharing.............