Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First ribs w/ requested pics

slo-rydslo-ryd Posts: 27
edited 3:37AM in EggHead Forum
Here we go.

I did a yellow mustard rub down followed by a healthy coat of 17th St "Magic Dust". After the first 2 hours I kept them moist every half hour after with an apple cider/apple juice mixture. The total cook time was 6 hours @ 220 dome temp.

They turned out great! The wife doesn't even like ribs and she was tearing them up. My youngest son has been waiting for this moment since the bge brochures showed up at the house :)
ribpic1.JPG
ribspic2.JPG
ribpics3.JPG
LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.
·

Comments

• reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Great job! Beautiful looking ribs!!!
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    I'd say ya nailed it!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Very nice slo!! How old is your son? A fattie to top that, great. Glad your wife tore 'em up!!A great compliment!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • slo-rydslo-ryd Posts: 27
    cookn biker wrote:
    Very nice slo!! How old is your son? A fattie to top that, great. Glad your wife tore 'em up!!A great compliment!

Thanks!

My youngest son is 12. He's diggin' the egg B)
    LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Congratulations and great looking ribs. Glad your youngest son's day arrived.

GG
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    I'd say home run! Always good when the family likes the food - what's not to like? Nice how that fatty jumped up on the egg :laugh:
    ·