Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Brisket w/Pics

DexDex Posts: 85
edited 6:53PM in EggHead Forum
First brisket on the large. I am happy with the results. Very tender and plenty of juice!

IMG_1333.jpg
IMG_1335.jpg
IMG_1336.jpg
IMG_1337.jpg
IMG_1338.jpg
IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg
IMG_1342.jpg

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Nice looking chunk of beef!
    You're 1 up on me as I'm still working up the intestinal fortitude. :unsure:
  • Nice pictures Dex...
  • BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 363
    Good looking CAB brisket. Is it from Sam's? I wish my Sam's would get CAB.

What is the liquid in the pan.

Did you save me a couple of slices for a samwich?

BOB
  • slo-rydslo-ryd Posts: 27
    Nice!

What temp/cooking time did you use?
    LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Temp and time?
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Nice looking cook there Dex.

GG
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Nice cook, looks wonderful. Sure would like some narrative - like how long and at what temp, blah, blah, blah.
  • DexDex Posts: 85
    Sorry, I was a little rushed when I posted the pictures ;)

For the most part the cooking temp was around 224-240. I ended up pulling at 185 because we were running out of time (got a later start than I wanted.) The thicker part of the brisket could have been a bit more tender, but overall, we loved it! This was about a 7 lb brisket and took 10 hours to hit the 185.

As far as the drip pan, I bought a huge jug of merlot at Sams Club and put that in there. Didnt mix with anything, just pure merlot. You could really taste it in the meat!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!