Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Screamers

ckillianckillian Posts: 71
edited 8:33PM in EggHead Forum
Cooked up 12 slices of bacon nice and crispy. Crumbled them up and mixed into 1.25 lbs of 80/20 ground chuck. Formed into 2 patties.

Seared 2 minutes per side at 650 degrees or so. Closed all the vents and let them cook for another 5 minutes.

Man, oh man, were they good.

DSC07586.jpg

DSC07588.jpg
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Nice looking burger, sounds like it tasted great.

GG
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Now there's a "Get out of the Dog House" card to be played when needed. Thanks for the post, looks delicious.
    ·
  • ewillieewillie Posts: 155
    As an aside, I looked up Dale's Pale Ale, and found that it is not sold in Ohio. Is it good?
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Nice burgers,where did you get my beer?

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • ckillianckillian Posts: 71
    It's outstanding. I normally drink real hoppy IPA's like Dogfish Head 60 (or 90) Minute IPA, Victory Hop Devil, or Stone IPA.

I'd seen Dale's in the store and wondered how good it was. I mean, it's in a can, right? But it was VERY good. It's now one of my go-to beers.
    ·
  • ewillieewillie Posts: 155
    I'll have to check it out when I'm traveling, interestingly it is north and east of Ohio, so maybe they will come this way at some point. Thanks for the tip! Erik
    ·
  • pattontpattont Posts: 39
    Those look very good!
    ·