Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ordering Pizza

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in Off Topic

What fun. Make sure your speakers are on.

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

GG

Comments

• pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    That was funny, I needed that today. Will have to share that with a few of my friends. They will get a kick out of it. Thanks for the funny.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    This is one of the reasons I like the ACLU. They do some stuff that bugs me but on the whole they're pretty impartial. They will take on any fight to protect our basic rights.
  • Impartial! Are you kidding.

Can't see the ACLU being anything but partial.

They have thrown common sense out the window IMHO!
  • Grandpas Grub

The post wasn't for political reasons, I just thought it was funny.

GG
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Kent,

Run quickly I think I see a grenade with its pin pulled on the floor :laugh:
  • It is funny but that does not make the aclu impartial by any means!!!
  • And they occasionally do some things I would agree with, but not often.

Actually, I can't remember a time that I agreed with them.
  • Grandpas Grub

:woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh:

GG
  • Grandpas Grub

Impartial aclu, isn't that an oxymoron. :)

GG
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    not a fan of constituional rights?
    hahaha

viz: their suppurt of "The rights of defendants and suspects against unconstitutional police practices."

or maybe their defense of ..."the individual rights of Americans of all religions to practice and/or display affirmations of their faith in public"? of course, folks usually differ on that last one about whether it's on public property or not.

the ACLU defended Oliver North, and argued that Rush Limbaugh's privacy was breached when law enforcement searched his medical records.

i too, would be suspicious of anyone who said they agreed with "everything" an organization stood for.

but it's also odd to imagine there's not one thing someone muight agree with. ain't like they are the american nazi party, after all.

(sources from wikipedia and elsewhere)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Thanks for the post.

I stand corrected as to the issues stated.
  • It is true that they defended Oliver North and Rush. But citing that (and also their defense of a few others on the right) as proof that the ACLU is not biased is about as accurate as citing a few honest and accurate stories that the National Enquirer has run as proof that they do not make up stories.
  • stike
    of course they are biased. you are beyond incorrect in assuming i said that they weren't.

go away, come back, and name three people that have no bias, and you'll win a prize...

most people who say they are "against" the ACLU can't name five things they did. or are confused in assuming that their defending something is equivalent to supporting it.

i don't support everything they do, no way. but they serve a purpose.

even if it's just to irritate all the holier-than-thou folks. hahaha

a person would have to be a stooge to not be in support of civil liberties. i'd love to take free speech away from a bunch of simpletons, but i'd bet the ACLU would be right there defending them against me.

most of the folks against them are surprised to find the ACLU's positions on freedom of religion, gun control, etc.

i find that many people form opinions based on what they heard one of their friends say, or what they assume, rather than actually looking into something for themselves. that's scarier than the ACLU, in my book.
  • stike
    there are folks on this thread who seem to think the spoof (the pizza delivery slide show) is there because the ACLU is advocating tracking your medical information.

if any of these people had ten seconds of REAL interest, and were capable of thinking critically before forming an opinion, they'd understand that the reason this pizza slide show thing is on the frigging website in the first place is to point out that they are AGAINST the government storing (centralizing) information on the medical records of every man, woman, and child.

think about this: any person on the OT forum who has railed against "government takeover" of medicine is actually in line with the ACLU on this matter. they are against centralized info too.

their slide show is actually making a point... they are taking it to an absurd level, the idea that some day the government could gather enough info on you to make this pizza-delivery scenario be a reality. they aren't advocating FOR it, but against it. generally, though, those with the range of a daisy air-rifle can't understand irony. pity them. they miss half the real fun.

hahaha

i'm not FOR the ACLU. i'm against ignorance.
  • Upon further reflection, I see my error. You were showing a topic on which he would most likely agree with the ACLU. I was wwwwww wwwwww wwwwww wrong. I apologize.
    I have seen examples of what you mean about people forming their opinions frome hearsay. My favorite is
    I often hear people say Rush said this, and Rush said that, and then you find out they never listen to him. I don't get my info about the ACLU from what others say, and I disagree with them the majority of the time.
    Sorry for the unintentional twisting of your words.
  • stike
    no worries.