Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first ribs with Redi Check

Options
Zyme
Zyme Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ahh! love the Maverick Redi Check remote thermometer. I've made ribs a few times, usually wet with Stubbs marinade and BBQ sauce. (still consider myself a new egger) but love the extra control this gives me.

dry style with wife's marinade:

Char Siu Marinade
2 cloves garlic (pressed finely)
1 tbsp ginger peeled and then grated to a thin pulp
1/2 cup sake
3/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey

ribs.jpg

Still need to calibrate the thermometers. I also feel like I need to learn exactly where to place the food probe. For ribs, I put it in the meat between the bones.

Apple wood for smoking. Dome temp 225, indirect. The probe at the grill says 224. I'll get it to 190-200 after 5 hours.

Sounds silly, but my weekend quality time got better ever since I bought the egg. I love this thing. And I love the forums. I always learn a lot from you all. Hope you enjoy this recipe!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I love that recipe. I have used that. Great to have you in the community!! Welcome.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Raebo
    Raebo Posts: 47
    Options
    Your so right my weekend quality time has never been better.
    Kids show up more now as I usually have something on.
    Thank"s for reminding me just how blessed I am to have my health, my family, and the BGE.
  • Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    Options
    Oh yeah, I should be careful. She didn't make up that recipe. Not sure where she found it but says it tastes a lot like one her parents made a lot.
    Anyway, I have to say this marinade works better on tenderloin than it did with these ribs. Not that we have much left over ;)
    Thanks for the comment!