Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Fugly Eggling

Teach42Teach42 Posts: 218
edited 1:55AM in EGG Table Forum
Wanted to try out the Egg, but won't have time to build a GOOD table for it for quite a while. So, what's a guy to do? Grab some scrap and build a temp table!

So what you're looking at is the leftovers from a Sukkah (it's a Jew thing) and a MAME arcade cabinet that I had to break down.

It may be ugly as sin, but it's solid as a rock!

Let me know if you'd like me to send you plans for this work of art :lol:

3814979512_9534da5275_b.jpg
·

Comments

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Hey, ANYTHING is better than those steel nested legs the egg comes with, they should be illegal. If it works...cook on it!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • A very functional build. I will likely do something similar for my new small that I am picking up tomorrow. It will serve until the deck gets finished and I build a proper table for the large and small together.

BTW, is it photo distortion or are you cooking too close to your vinyl siding? :)
    Best,
    WA
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Hey, whatever gets ya cooking, who cares! :ohmy:
    ·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    The nice thing it works and does the trick.

Gary
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,145
    Looks like it works! Pick up a quart of paint and you may get more use out of it then originally intended.
    ·