Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

At heart, I guess I'm just a.....

JBJB Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
meat and potatoes kinda guy. Porterhouse and baked potato tonite. BUT, I did bake another blueberry ice cream bread. Wife took the one I did last nite to work this morning and the gals scarfed it. Don't tell me I'm gonna turn in to Betty-frikkin'-Crocker. Despite the downpour outside, 'twas a good meal and a good nite.

Porterhouse8-13-09001.jpg
Porterhouse8-13-09002.jpg
Porterhouse8-13-09003.jpg
Porterhouse8-13-09004.jpg
Blueberryicecreambread8-13-09001.jpg
Blueberryicecreambread8-13-09002.jpg

Yeah, I know this one's OT... and, no they are not part of dinner, nor are they siamese twin pups joined at the head. Just a cool shot. Peace.
Pups8-12-09001.jpg
·

Comments

• DHallDHall Posts: 180
    Ok enough of the blueberry ice creme cake.....need a recipie. The wife is watering at the mouth just from the name of it.
    ·
  • JBJB Posts: 510
    2 cups softened ice cream- your choice
    1.5 cups self-rising flour
    45 mins @ 350F
    Yes, it's that easy
    Courtesy of fishlessman
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Those were some outstanding grill marks!
    ·
    Thanks Bob
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Great cook!! Those are cutty puttities!
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Hey JB,
    I am with you. Meat and taters kinda guy. Your cook looks great and

BTThumbsUp.jpg

BTW, I would never call you Betty.....Julia maybe but never Betty....lol :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

What are you plan for the jointed pups?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • What kind of ice cream did you use? Did you mush some blueberries in? The puppies are precious! :)
    ·
    Susan- I used Friendly's Blueberries & Creme. I didn't have any fresh blueberries on hand but would definitely add some if I did.

Bubba Tim- thanks for the thumbs up!
    ·
  • Don't tell me I'm gonna turn in to Betty-frikkin'-Crocker.

:woohoo: friend, male, 65, retired State Police, bought Betty Crocker cookbook on line, then sent this:
    [url]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Crocker[/url]

B) all the food looks great, Siamese pups cute, too :)
    keep those gators away from them, please!
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,456
    that's it??? Direct or indirect? I gotta try that for sure!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·