Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How to use the old gas grill...

cahuckcahuck Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
now that I have an egg-

IMG_0403.jpg

How do you use yours?
·

Comments

• BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Grill a quick hot dog for lunch....that's about it B)
    ·
  • OttawaEggOttawaEgg Posts: 283
    Our gasser belongs to wifie - it is her realm of BBQ. She uses it when I'm not around "egging".

Only time I use it is to do some quick hotdogs for the kids, or just to warm something up. All outdoor cooks are done on the egg - moving some inside cooks out there too!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Get rid of those grids and you can fit a lot more stuff in there ;)
    ·
  • They are great for storage aren't they. :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    That's what I call my downstairs gasser, "STORAGE"! :laugh:
    ·
  • Egg-N-TinoEgg-N-Tino Posts: 157
    After two years of looking at my gasser, I finally just 'gave' it away to a co-worker. Funny thing is, there was no sadness when it was lifted into his truck and he drove away. HOWEVER; I am now in the market for a storage container :woohoo:
    ·
  • WhipstockWhipstock Posts: 104
    I did the same with my old gas grill, it now holds all my egg stuff.
    ·
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Gave it away last Sunday--donated it to hunting camp of neighbor-who owns several hundred acres. In doing so, we secured a place to hunt for me and my husband for archery season; a very good barter I think! :lol: After less than two months of having our eggs it was clear the gasser was going to be a dust collector! :laugh:
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I have never owned a gasser.
    DSC_0016-1.jpg
    ·
  • Very little. Just sits by the egg and watches use it often. The gasser is good for a quick hot dog or sausage for lunch and that only about once a month. Glad the gas in the tank doesn't get old.

Gordon
    Vero Beach, FL
    ·
  • DryFlyDryFly Posts: 351
    Hot Dogs, hamburgers, sausages, shrimp or anything that is quick. I also have a Q-Griller on it that I cook veggies and an occasional breakfast. I don't see the point of starting up my Eggs for these type of cooks.I even have a large stone on it that I plan on cooking pizza on, thereby saving my gasket.

My Eggs see BB and Beef ribs, Butts, chicken, tenderloins, rib roasts, chili, beans and the like. Haven't done a brisket yet. not a big fan.
    ·
  • and I sold mine on ebay... :sick:
    ·
  • Gave mine to my brother for his cabin. Go and see it from time to time. B)
    ·
  • tke71709tke71709 Posts: 16
    I use mine for anything quick and I use the side burner to light my chimney of charcoal quickly and efficiently.
    ·