Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weigh-In for the 10th

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 220
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum

Last weigh in for a few weeks. Heading out for vacation on Friday.

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    A few weeks vacation, or too afraid to weight in as soon as you return??? Ha. :ohmy: :woohoo:

Have a great time, ole boy ! :woohoo:
  • Misippi Egger
    Options

A little loss, but hey, every little loss helps.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    193 again this morning, actually surpised after last nights feed of steamers, lobsters and butter. :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dude,

Thanks for being so conscientious and helping keep this form alive and well! Been working on eating better here, and trying to pull out of a nosedive of slothfulness.

I'm now down to the third hole from max belt size... there was a time where I was maxed-out. At least of have the skill-set to know how to do it... now working on the wherewithal to keep it up.

Thanks again for the help!

Wayne
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    192. Can't believe the down direction. Maybe I have a catastrophic illness and don't know it.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'll bet you'll "plateau" soon.... for a while.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Judy,

The gym workouts added muscle mass when you first started. A square inch of muscle is weighs more than a square inch of fat, therefore people either loose very slowly or even gain weight when they first start a regular exercise program.

Muscle mass has a higher metabolism than fat, so when you are 'at rest' you are now burning more calories than before you built new muscle, and you will likely see progressive weight loss.

Such a great reward for all that exercise and frustration at the scale for those weeks !! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    not great hear...208 which is 5 lbs over my lowest weigh in of 203....just trying to survive the summer...

Did make it out for a 5 mile run today though....need to jumpstart the exercise regimen....