Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet Time!

Options
bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight the filets from a recent thread will be going down: http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=704129&catid=1

Perhaps now they are wrapped in bacon and more "rounded" they will look more familiar than they did smushed in the package. I still can't believe the marbling.

Egg's at 450 and rising. When it hits 650*F they're going down for a traditional sear.

DSC_0332.JPG

Comments

• Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    Man....those look delicious. I wish I were coming to dinner B)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

OK Chris, this is just cruel and unusual punishment! Only one photo? You have a film shortage? :blink: :blink: :blink:

They look awesome, just hope this is a tease and there are more photos to come. :lol:

Gator
  • bitslammer
    Options
    Gator Bait wrote:

OK Chris, this is just cruel and unusual punishment! Only one photo? You have a film shortage? :blink: :blink: :blink:

They look awesome, just hope this is a tease and there are more photos to come. :lol:

Gator

Had to cook them first. Here's the way it went.

Fire ready for sear.
    DSC_0336.JPG

Away they go.
    DSC_0340.JPG

Ready to pull.
    DSC_0364.JPG

The small one done rare.
    DSC_0368.JPG
  • ewillie
    ewillie Posts: 155
    Options
    I think I can smell them here in Columbus. Man those look good, nice cook!

Cheers, Erik
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Now that's a work of art!!! Thanks Chris, I feel much better now that I know there is perfection. Great photos, loved every one of them.

Gator

• bitslammer
    Options
    Gator Bait wrote:

Now that's a work of art!!! Thanks Chris, I feel much better now that I know there is perfection. Great photos, loved every one of them.

Gator

Thanks. Wanted more fire in the sear pics but didn't really get any flare-ups???? Guess in some respects that's a good thing. I like JLOCKHART's shot where he caught the fire in slow shutter speed. I decided to go for high. Probably too much sunlight.
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    Chris those look awesome. Did the non-conforming filet cook up the same?
  • bitslammer
    Options
    Smoky B wrote:
    Chris those look awesome. Did the non-conforming filet cook up the same?

Yes. Wife said it was just as good as one of the others. Maybe even a bit more juicy. That may be due to size as much as it was the nice fat marbling.