Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Wings

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About how long should it take to cook wings on the BGE at 300 to 350 degrees?

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    jim,[p]If they are direct and you are flipping/rearranging periodically (every 10-15 minutes), I'd say about 30-40 minutes.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Thanks for your input. I am going to put them on in a couple of hours.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    jim,[p]
    Let us know how the turn out. This is the way I typically cook mine. A gentleman by the name of WooDoggies is a proponent of cooking them lower and slower at first, then finishing hotter to crisp the skin. I think I am going to take a page out of Dr. Doggies book tomorrow and cook them that way for the Jets/Birds game. Maybe an hour indirect at 250ish with smoke then hit them direct until done.[p]Also, I need a fix with that Franks Red Hot Chili Lime sauce. That stuff is really good![p]Later,
    Cornfed

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    WingSept9.jpg
    <p />Cornfed,[p]Gentleman? You must have me mistaken with another WooDoggies. heeeeee![p]Here's a photo posted a while back in the Primo room of ChefRD's wings. If I remember right, they went just under 2 hours around 275 flipping about every 30 mins on a raised grid with no hot finish.
    I'm beginning to hone in on 1.5 to 1.75 hours at that temp for the skin to render and crisp and the meat falling off the bone done.[p]So, how'd your wings turn out?[p]Good to see you around![p]John