Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New (Used) XL

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My used XL just got dropped off last night, and I guess there is good news and bad news. The good news is to my surprise this with the new model of the XL. I was definitely expecting the old model, but sure enough it had the large handle, big wheels and new firering.

The bad news is that the gasket was pretty much all peeled off and that there were no it was taken apart. I think I have the gasket thing solved (thanks to the smoking guitar player's videos), but I am stumped on how to attach the lid to the base. I was at work when it was dropped off and the wife didn't ask a lot of questions. Does any one have a link to the manual or can lend any advice on how to attach this on the new XL Model?

I was a little shocked how big that guy is. According to some of the pictures that I had seen, I expected it to be a lot fatter than the Large, but it appeared to be shorter. This is not the case and they seem to be about the same heighth! I can't wait to test it out.

I also use my Diggi a ton with my large, and it appears I simply need to buy a new peice for it to attach to the XL?

Thanks in advance.

Comments