Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In memory of Brian Ball

Options
13»

Comments

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Thank you Anna.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    for all your kind words, prayers, well wishes.
    "B Ball" will be missed greatly. He was the kind of guy that had a calming effect on everyone he came in contact with. On medical calls, his bedside manor made the patients feel at ease and that they were in good hands.
    He was an agressive firefighter who stayed in it until all the work was done.

Again thanks to all of you. This forum really does feel like another extended family.
  • WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Options
    Touching pictures. Very sad news. Firemen are close, very close, I assume you served together. I pray for Brian's family and friends and your loss.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Thanks Doug, yes we were on the same shift.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    My condolences go out to his family and friends. What a loss of a giving person.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Thank you Molly.
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    Options
    So sorry to hear your friend Brian has answered his last alarm ---- from what you have said Brian was a true firefighter, a family man and the best of friends with all he knew - and from the pictures you posted I can see that he loved life and his family - and from the twinkle in his eye I bet he was one who was pulling pranks on everyone he knew - especially his fellow firemen ...

If found this on a website for the Bolton Volunteer Fire Department and thought it was good.. hope you like it too

Heaven's Brigade

Did you know there's a Fire Department in Heaven?
    I heard Cap tell that sorrowful lad.
    The young boy stared, working over the words he'd just been given.
    Cap, do you think God's got a spot on the truck for my dad?
    Cap smiled, even though you could tell his heart was heavy, and said,
    You bet son, as he roughed the hair on the boy's head.

Timmy looked up, his sadness, for now, gone.
    Cap went on, holding back the tears that were trying to fall.
    They've got the biggest, reddest fire trucks you ever saw,
    And they keep them all cleaned and ready,
    Just in case they get a call.
    Of course they don't get too many,
    Bein' in Heaven and all.
    But God knew this, so right next to them He made,
    A great big tree, that puts out a lot of shade.
    And each day they have at least one run,
    Down the streets of Heaven, leading the afternoon parade.

That's been years ago now,
    And in that time, things have changed a lot.
    Cap, he's been retired, and I, somehow, made it to Chief.
    And Timmy, He's just Tim now, down at station two,
    And, I must say, one of the finest Captains on my crew.

The day came, the worst of any other,
    When we have to say farewell to a fallen brother.
    I watched, as Tim walked over to that hero's son,
    And share some words, just as my Cap and Tim had once done...

Did you know there's a Fire Department in Heaven?.............
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    JoJo,
    So sorry to hear about your friend. I work in a dangerous enviroment as well and hearing things like this really hits home. I have 2 boys age 2 and 5 and somedays when I leave I think about "what if I don't come back". It really makes me soak up every minute I have at home on my off days. Im sure he was a great father and husband. My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family. Hang in there.
    Heath
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Thanks Heath, I know what you mean about hugging up your kids. Every time I make a bad call on a kid, all I can think about is mine. I can't wait to get back to the station to call and see if they are alright.
    The lesson to learn here is, be sure to tell everyone what they mean to you before it's too late and you have regrets.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Thanks rho, that is a very fitting poem for such a time as this.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    such a young life, and young family.

i never know what to say when someone i barely know loses someone they love. i just know what it is like losing someone.

i could never do his job (or yours). i sit on my *ss all day drawing pretty little pictures. god love the guy and his wife, and his kids.

i hope they will be taken care of and that somehow they can overcome such a thing.

thank you for what you do, and thank him, and everyone else who steps in front of danger to protect the rest of us

very sorry for your loss....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    I'm truly sorry for your loss, the brothers here in Arkansas will keep you and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Kendell
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Stike, I think you know more about what to say than you think. Your kind words are heart felt and appriciated.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Thanks Fire Egger, ya'll be safe over there on the other side of the creek.
  • Firetruck:
    It touched me deeply to read all the kind words said by you and the other bloggers on here about Brian. He was a gentle soul with a huge heart and will be greatly missed. I believe Dylan and Jake will never forget, he will live in their hearts and souls forever. I know that Pam will make sure they know exactly the kind of man their father was.. I had been out of contact with Brian for years, but have very fond memories of him, and cared for him very much..It is difficult to lose family, but especially when they are so young and full of life!! Thank you.. May God comfort you and give you strength to get through this difficult time..

THF
  • Firetruck
    Options
    THF,
    Brian will be greatly missed. It still seems sureal as if he will just be there tomorrow when I get to work. Thank you for your post.
    You are right about all the kind words said here on the forum. This is a very unique group of folks.

Are you from the Memphis area?
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That's a very sad story. Just terrible.

Soo sorry for Mom and the little kids. If I can be of any help, I will.
  • Firetruck,

Yes, I live in Memphis. Brian was my step-brother.

Tess Holst Favazza
  • Firetruck
    Options
    THanks Adam, I appreciate it.