Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last time cooking on ol\' egg

fontzmark
fontzmark Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Table, that is....finally got a new one built...but I did send the old one out in style with a 5 pound porter house
P1010256.jpg
P1010265.jpg

Comments

• Thats one way to say good-bye also a good way to say good bye to going number 2 for a couple of weeks :laugh: but really where did you find that chunk of meat?
  • Local old time mom and pop's grocery store, they are pretty well know for their meat...one of the guys cut me out some 1 pounders for work and I thought wow that is a good price, they were on sale and he gave me a nice discount...I asked him if I could pick out a short rib and just show him where to cut and he did!
    I seared each side for a few minutes then sat it on a rack over a couple of fire bricks to finish it.
    Just wait and see what I cooked for the inaugural cook with the new table!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :woohoo: Now,THAT'S A STEAK!!! ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Wow! Big ol hunk there. What did you season it with?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Kudos’…that’s one good looking steak. It’s almost enough for us to share. LOL
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • I put it in a marinade for 24 hours...garlic, onion, soy, wort, balsamic, brown sugar, pepper. It really turned out well, 4 of us took it down though.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Holy Toledo!!! I'd like to see that one plated. WOW.