Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating in Foxboro

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So.....although it will need to be a day trip down and back (3+ hours each way) I'll be heading to Foxboro MA for this Sunday's Patriots/Browns game. I'm bringing a buddy down, as well as my large, small and mini BGE's. If any other eggers are going to be there, let me know and maybe we can hook up! Food plans are ABT's on the mini, shrimp on the small, beer-butt or spatchcocked chicken on the large. Then when we go into the game I'll level the large at 275 +/- and throw on some hoisin glazed ribs, which will be done and waiting for us after the game!

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Toe 49,[p]
    That is a very interesting idea. I've been struggling to cook ribs completely before the game and have resorted to some higher temp/shorter time ribs which have been coming out pretty good. I never really even thought about just letting them go throughout the game and eating them after. We usually do some postgame tailgating. Why not have ribs waiting for us rather than having to relight and cook?[p]later,
    cornfed

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I've done it a couple times and and it's worked perfectly each time. They are a big hit with the people parked around me as I tend to cook too many and share....looks like morning showers in Foxboro so hopefully it'll clear up for the game....nothing like a cold rainy game!!