Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More questions about 2.5 inch firering

Options
emilluca
emilluca Posts: 673
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok when you get the ring and do indirect what do you use the platesetter of spider with pizza stone?

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    The 2.5 inch fire ring was designed to be used with the three tier system. As far as I can tell it was not designed to be used with the platesetter or spider.

I suppose if you want to go indirect with it you can pu a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the three tier system..
  • Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    I have used the ring with the plate setter before legs up with a grate on it for cooking with the 3 tier or taller stuff. It just gives a lil more room.

I really just like mine for it give a better working height for grilling the best with both rings.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    That makes sense. I am cooking for 30 people in Oct. and trying to get my ducks in order. Want to do chicken drums thighs and wing and plan on using the 3 tier rack I would guess thighs on bottom legs on middle and wings on top at 325 to 350.
    Does this make sense?
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    It sounds good.