Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

If your gonna cook a butt cook a bunch

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 4:00AM in EggHead Forum
Not sure what Pete's record is but here is 75# on an XL...6 on the bottom and 4 on the top..took some adjustin but we got em all in there..for the same amount of lump a single 8# butt would have used.. :)

buttbot.jpg

buttop.jpg

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,094
    Gotta be a record. Congratulations...

Spring "Four Butts Not Counting Mine" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • rosrosrosros Posts: 408
    That's a lotta meat in there. Also one heavy egg. We'll see those pics tomorrow.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,437
    Wess,

Wow. Dat is some butt!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Whatcha gonna do with all that butt? -RP
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Oldest son's wedding reception..kind of a backyard redneck kinda thing...gonna do 12 or so slabs a ribs to go with it...should be good..some times it's the simple things in life that mean the most...and this was his request....who am I to say NO.. :)
    I was gonna say that is definately a lot of butt for a white woman..but then I thought better of it and didn't say it.... :laugh:

Oh lord help for this one.. :laugh:
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Good job, I did the same thing for the last daughter's wedding. Saves a bundle of bucks. -RP
    Indeed you will...lets hope the spider can hold it all..cause thats what it's hangin on...
    We'll see what Pete has to say...even if he didn't beat me..he did it for an admirable reason...was gonna say better reason..but hey..my son gettin married..thats pretty good reason regardless...
    THEY certainly will... :) :)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Wess...that's some Butt........Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....Felicidades to you & your son, mi amigo....hope to see you in Atlanta!!!
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Wow that's a lot of butt. Good luck with the cook and reception!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice jobe Wess!! :laugh: Can't wait to see this outcome. Please post that!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • damn wess!!! ....guess my invite musta got lost crossing the potomac river .. :whistle:
  • That's amazing! Sounds like my kind of wedding. B)
  • Dang Wess, thats stacked tight. :laugh: The most I have tried on the XL is 7 one one grid, Butt I like the way you think.:laugh: Is that a flip ring you are using?
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,437
    Wess,

LMAO, That is a good thing ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Congratulations on your sons wedding.

Maybe send some pics of the food and the crowd enjoying it (not like you'll be busy or anything). :)

Enjoy!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Alright Wess. Looks great.
    i'm using the BGE extended grid..only in the AM will we know the results..
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 816
    Wow thats a lotta butt. Looks like a good candidate for a BTCMD Award.
    Pics will follow when we are close to done..
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Now that's conservation at it's best!! Great job brother Wess!
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Holy crap that is amazing. I have never seen anything like it before. It's so beautiful!
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Now that's impressive.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Very impresive Wess. I did a triple take to insure it was a large and not an xl.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    YOU GO BLUE!!! B) SWEET pics! ;)
    It is an XL....not a large....follow up pics coming soon..
  • EggZonaEggZona Posts: 108
    Any follow up and comment on this big butt cook? How long did it end up taking? Did you move them around? This could be the documentary many of us are looking for.
    And I never saw your question.....I did post a follow up to the cook "75# that facts"....it can be found here
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=702625&catid=1