Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st try at ABT's

iahawkfan16
iahawkfan16 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Stuffed them with taco meat, cream cheese, wrapped in thick cut maple bacon. We were all real pleased to say the least!

web.jpg?ver=12498558620001

Comments

• IMHO, EVERY Egger has GOT TO make ABT's at least once (preferably soon after receiving their Egg).... they are absolutely incredible! And simple!
  • I agree. I can not wait til football sesaon to make a whole tray load of these.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Eggcellent. Always a staple around the Egging crowds. I havent tried taco flavored meats but sounds pretty tasty. Sage flavored sausage is also very good, or even leftover steak chopped up. I also use thinner sliced bacon for extra crispyness but yours appear to be nice and crispy.

Great Job!
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    looks wonderful!
  • ewillie
    ewillie Posts: 155
    I'm embarrassed to admit I've had my Egg over a year, but have not attempted.

My wife is scrapbooking this coming Saturday with several neighborhood wives, so I'm inviting the men over for wings and ABT's, I'll let you know how I do.

Cheers, Erik
  • Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    Newbie alert...
    I'm embarrassed to ask, but I will anyway. What does ABT stand for? I've never tried them, but they look great.
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Tis ok newbie,
    At one point, none of us knew what an Atomic Buffalo Turd was! :laugh: Jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, seasoned with ur favorite rub, and smoked till the bacon is crispy! On the cheese, some put little smokies (original recipe), pulled pork, shrimp, crab, steak, etc. Truly a staple in any BGEggers menu B)

chris
    go dawgs
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I remember laughing my a** off at the counter when I was buying the cooking book and the 1st page I turned too was Atomic Buffalo Turds that the rest of the help at the lumber yard had to come over and see what was so funny!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    Thanks...I never would have guessed that one! Have to try 'em.
    Kennebunk, Maine