Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome alignment - left to right

Options
Aron
Aron Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got around to putting my nomex gasket on over the weekend. I'm mostly happy--I didn't see any smoke leaking between the dome and the base anymore so far no problems with the adhesive (I used the super 77) although I've only done one cook since the gasket replacement. My only issue is that my dome is slightly misaligned by about 1/8-1/4" on the left to right plane. Most posts I found in the archives discussed problems in the front to back plane but that isn't an issue. Any great tips here? Just loosen bolts a little and try again? I must've done it about 5 times, each time thinking it looked perfect but by the time I tightened the bolts, it was off again.

Comments

• pattont
    pattont Posts: 39
    Options
    Mine is the same way. I have tried readjusting mine several times, but it never hits right on. Also, the back of my egg rubs the crap out of the felt. I talked with customer service about it and they are sending me a nomex gasket. Hopefully it gets here before I have to stop grilling on my egg because of the rubbage.
  • BayouMark
    BayouMark Posts: 284
    Options
    I would think that perhaps the bolts are not tighted equally. What you might try to do is loosen the top a few turns and see if it comes into alignment. You could also loosen the bottom to see how that affects the alignment, but be careful to not let the top slide out of the band. Another remedy might be to take electrical ties and cinch the hinge closed on both sides of the hinge loosen the bands entirely and reposition the top and tighten gradually to see if this helps. If after all that have a few (or many) drinks and repost :pinch: Sorry for the long wind, hope it helps!