Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless/Skinless Chicken question

Options
FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As many of you know I just got my dad an egg. We are going through the learning curve process for him. The first cook we did was some OMG huge boneless chicken breasts. Now, dad's on a low salt diet so we put some of McCormick's low salt seasoning on them and away we went. I won't go into all the details about the cook but the fire was fine. We got them done and I was just about as disappointed as you could be and they were just about as happy as you could be. While they were nice and juicy, and I guess they tasted OK, they were bland. No charcoal/smokey flavor at all. I've got a theory that this was because there was not fat in the chicken and this was a brand new egg...there was nothing to provide any help. While they were happy we are going again tomorrow night and I thing a spatchcock would be a better choice.

Opinions?

Comments