Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looks like the Mothership needs to work on this!

Options
FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As usual we iPhone addicts are always looking for new toys in App Store. Well, look what popped up in the New and Featured window!!! Seems to me that we shouldn't be slighted!! We need just as much a following on our favorite phone as those other guys!!!

f70a0af8.jpg

Comments

• Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Why pay $4.99 for it when you can get better info right here! FOR FREE! U are Scotish aren't you?
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I just access the forum on my i-phone. Leaps and bounds over anything Webers got goin. (Just assuming) I mean 250 triple tested :laugh: I think Stikes posts/threads alone would dwarf that app. Not to mention the many many other master round the hood. ;)

And it's FREE :woohoo:
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    if ya like you can always go to this website on your trusty iPhone, tap the + at the bottom of the page and tap add to home screen and you will have your handy egghead forum icon always at the ready.

Its not an app but makes it very simple to get here
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Let me see... it would go something like this:

Darlin' I need to get an iPhone so I can put that great BGE application on it with all the recipes.....

Next move would be !!!DUCK!!! 'cuz here comes a frying pan :laugh:

I've done basically the same thing on my Crackberry using Outlook Notes and capturing some of the great cooks on this forum.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I'm really surprised that Weber charges so much for that App. Most manufacturers give away their App for free to help attract customers to their products.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    Who said anything about paying? :evil:
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    That was one of the reasons that I posted that, I was really surprised. Weber is beginning to think too highly of themselves I think.
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    Have you ever seen an app for FireFox called JetEye? I keep that open all the time and when I see a recipe or an article I want to keep I just drag it over to JetEye and POOF it's there forever in a searchable database. www.jeteye.com