Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STOLEN CAMPER

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Please be on the lookout for our camper that was stolen this week sometime between Aug. 2, 2009 to Aug. 6, 2009. It is a 2005 Aerolite Cub model C214 hybrid expandable, GA tag # TL37776. If you see this camper on the highway or at a hunt or fish camp please call 911.

This camper was stolen from a private residence in Dacula, GA where it had been stored for over 4 years. All precautions were taken to keep it safe but the hitch lock was broken off and camper was hauled away.

Thanks very much for your attention in this matter.

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    That's a damn shame Kim. Sure hope that the slimeballs are caught.
  • vidalia1
    Sucks big time. Lots of great memories in that bad boy.
  • Wow Kim sorry to hear about your camper. That is so sad that someone has to stoop so low to steal anything. Will keep our eyes open down here of course and hope who ever did this gets caught and put away for a long time.
  • vidalia1
    Thanks Mike. You know how much we loved it. Hangin' ain't good enuff for 'em
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Kim I am so sorry to hear this. Could you post a pic. Sometimes that will help people remember to look out for it. Prayers on this matter for you my friend.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    My bet is that it was done by a repeat offender.

Spring "One Crime Strike And You're Out" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    I agree, if you have a pic. ezier to see than plates which can be changed out. Also any identifing markers like striping, decals (dizzy pig, bge), prior dmgs....
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Dang, that really sucks, Kim! :angry: I'll keep my eyes open around the mountains hereabouts......
  • vidalia1
    100_1308-1.jpg

this is the best we could do,....and thanks for the support.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    OH KIM!!! no eggs were in it were they??? oh man I am so sorry!!! you should stick this on the other forum. it will not get noticed here!!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Kim,

Sure sorry to hear the news. What a shame.

Kent
  • I drive right by two huge camping vehicle stores each day. I'll keep an eye out there for anyone that has one of these pulled up front. I'll also just look around the two big truck stops here. Tallahassee is a major area for camping so if they came south it's good bet they either came down I-75 or sheared off this way.

It really stinks though. I hope it was fully insured.
  • vidalia1
    Thanks for the support gang. This kind of stuff has never happened to us. we know it could be a lot worse but it just sux that people do this.... :(
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Was anything else missing around the yard or house Kim? We are still finding things missing from when we were robbed this winter. every time we discover something is gone it opens that whole gut wrenching feeling back up again. sickening. I am so sorry you had to go through this. hope they find it and the loosers that took it.
  • vidalia1
    Julie luckily nothing else was stolen. We think it was an exfamily member of the people that own the property but we can't prove it. We will talk to the insurance folks tomorrow and see where to proceed....
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Sorry for your loss and hope things work out with ins. company!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    leah and i are going to our first campout weekend this weekend i will check springfield park in anderson this weekend up on lake hartwell ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• So sorry to heard this Kim. I hope you find the people that did it.

Faith
    Tampa
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini