Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cutting pizza stone or plate setter

Eublet
Eublet Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey, guys. I have an XL, and just ordered a flip ring combo from Tom at Ceramic Grill Store.

I'm now thinking that I want to cut the legs off my XL plate setter so that it will fit down inside the fire ring. What's the best way to do this? I'd like to make it as round as possible, so I don't want to use a circular saw. Has anyone tried the ceramic jigsaw blades? That stone looks mighty tough!

Also, I have the BGE XL Pizza stone. MASSIVE! It's bigger than I want. I'm considering trying to make it smaller if the ceramic jigsaw blades work well, maybe take it down to 18 inches instead of 22. Or, I might just use my cut plate setter as a pizza stone, and then make a large and small half moon out of the BGE pizza stone.

Sorry for the long post. Mostly just curious if the jigsaw blades will work okay, or if I need to get a wet saw to get the bulk off and then grind the edges a bit to make it round. I hate to buy a small stone when I have two already that I could rig.

Comments