Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flakes inside top dome?

smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
edited 11:39PM in EggHead Forum
Anyone out there seen this?

Eggflakes.jpg
·

Comments

• emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Looks like my Cast Iron skillet right before it needs a good high temp clean.
    E
    ·
  • Very common. They will get larger over time.

Ignore them or scrub them off with crumpled foil or ??

Or try a high temp burnout.

Spacey
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Thanks for the input. Doing pizzas tonight so it will definitely get hot in there.

Love the clip from Isaiah. that is my favorite passage.
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    yeah

every grill i've ever seen: gassers, webers, the BGE.

just soot. scrape it off with aluminum foil ball or a grill brush iof it is flaking into your food.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • RustyEggRustyEgg Posts: 25
    I had some in my dome a while back; mine were thicker and black in color. I took it as an indicator that it was in a desparite need of a good cleaning. I filled with a good portion of lump and let'r rip. Afterwards, the flakes/soot on the dome was dry enough to scrap off. I used a flexible putty knife.

Good Luck,
    RustyEgg
    ·