Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flakes inside top dome?

smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone out there seen this?

Eggflakes.jpg
·

Comments

• emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Looks like my Cast Iron skillet right before it needs a good high temp clean.
    E
    ·
  • Very common. They will get larger over time.

Ignore them or scrub them off with crumpled foil or ??

Or try a high temp burnout.

Spacey
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Thanks for the input. Doing pizzas tonight so it will definitely get hot in there.

Love the clip from Isaiah. that is my favorite passage.
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    yeah

every grill i've ever seen: gassers, webers, the BGE.

just soot. scrape it off with aluminum foil ball or a grill brush iof it is flaking into your food.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • RustyEggRustyEgg Posts: 25
    I had some in my dome a while back; mine were thicker and black in color. I took it as an indicator that it was in a desparite need of a good cleaning. I filled with a good portion of lump and let'r rip. Afterwards, the flakes/soot on the dome was dry enough to scrap off. I used a flexible putty knife.

Good Luck,
    RustyEgg
    ·