Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest thoughts

Options
2»

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    What y'all said. Last year was my first and I had my head down and spatula in my hand all day and half the night at the after party. Cutting back big time this year to visit with fellow Eggers.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    its the only way for people to remember me :(

:P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Large Marge
    Options
    Am with you TB. This will be my first fest...thought about cooking but decided to bring my wife (both days) and really looking forward to putting names/faces and handles together while eating everyone else's finery!
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    hodags in the dark? now....that is an interesting thought. Let's go for it....throw down...me and you????
  • Desert Filly
    Options
    hey Jerry...is Teresa coming with you?
  • BENTE
    Options
    you all about cometeition???? not me i like to cook to feed the family!! you want to just throwdown with everybody??? or rather with anyone :S

i was figuring i could make the meat mixture at home and you would cook them while i was busy drinking with the poolman ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Desert Filly
    Options
    golly...that was one fun evening. We should do a tshirt with this pic on it.
  • Desert Filly
    Options
    there you go....just like a man. Leave the REAL cooking to the woman. Go for it. Like you said...I just like to "throwdown" with anyone. :laugh: :P
  • BENTE
    Options
    well i am not a throwdown sort of guy unless i am on home turf and i don't want to be here trying to throwdown and you be there :laugh:

i think that the fest is going to be enough stress for my family without throwing a throwdown into the fray ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Hi Kim...Teresa isn't gonna make it this year, maybe next year.
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    You better bring some of those kick-ass bloody mary's :laugh:
  • Fishful Thinkin
    Options
    Is there a way that you can get in to observe and not be a part of cooks/ i would like to see whats there and see all the oportunities to see what and who are there. Is this possible or not?
    Cecil
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Options
    The wife and I met you and DF waiting in line to get on the departure bus @ the Mothership Sat. afternoon.Hope to visit again this year.People like ya'll MAKE the FEST!!! :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    And you are talking about whom? I'm not buying at IHOP for that :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I remember meeting you two and that's what I'm talking about. -RP
  • Hoss
    Options
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I really love that pic! -RP
  • Pickle
    Pickle Posts: 74
    Options
    Apparently not this year. Friday was still available.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    My first fest was 2000. There were less than 400 people. And yet the venue where the fest was held was almost at capacity. In talking with some of the ones at the first fest (Mr. Toad, Miss Brenda) I realized how big this had gotten at this point. When the fest was moved to the new Headquarters, it seemed like the perfect solution. Now we see that the fest has become a victim of its own success.

But the solution is not obvious. If there no limit on numbers, would the numbers keep increasing or would they diminish because the exclusiveness was gone (I remember when we all thought Coors beer was great because we could not buy it here). Having the fest at the HQ has some obvious advantages which would result in additional costs if moved to another venue (e.g. Stone Mountain). Would people be willing to pay additional costs to increase the number of attendees to 2500? If the price were increased to $50/person would we still get 1500 people in 3 days? Would we get 2000 people in three months? Would we get 1500 people in three months? What if were to have another fest in Atlanta (say, in the spring, an 'Easter EGGfest')? Would that keep the attendance at both events high or would they both drop off? If anybody has the answers to these questions or has other ideas as to make this event open to all who wish to attend without packing us in like sardines, I'm sure BGE HQ would love to hear from you. It's definitely not a perfect situation - it never will be. But, if you have ideas to make it better, send them in.