Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BEEF WELLINGTON!

Pepper Monkey BBQ
Pepper Monkey BBQ Posts: 652
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I haven't posted for over a month ... shame on me.

We've been moving and are finally settling in to the new house. Having to leave on a week long work trip tomorrow, I decided to cook a special meal (experiment) tonight. Being long time fans of Chef Ramsey, I decided to try a beef wellington meal on the eggs ... and it came out great!

Beef Tenderloin seasoned with salt, pepper and coffee. Seared on the small at 700 deg.

BeefWellington1.jpg

Let the loin rest on the counter for 20 min, blended a pound of button mushrooms, one large shallot, and two cloves of garlic. Cooked to reduce the moisture. Laid out prosciutto onto saran wrap, spread the blended mushroom mixture on it. Covered the seared loin in mustard and wrapped it all together. Cooled in the fridge for 1/2 hr ... then wrapped entire loin/prosciutto combo in puff pastry. Cooked on the large with plate setter at 420 deg for 45 min.

BeefWellington2.jpg

Small was still lit from searing of the meat, so I threw some red potato slices on it and them some asparagus ... let the beef wellington rest for 5 min then sliced thick. Never took it's temperature ... didn't have to ... it was perfect!!! First Beef Wellington ever ... there will be many more!

BeefWellington3.jpg

Comments