Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini-Meatloaf

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,685
edited 2:08PM in EggHead Forum
Did these for tonight's dinner using a stoneware pan that can also be used for bread.

MiniMeatloaf8-3-09.jpg

Turned out okay but a little too watery because the juices had no place to drip out. If we do it again we may remove them from the pan for the final few minutes.

One is more than enough for two people.

Looks kinda pretty though so I thought I would show it to y'all.

Anybody else cook with stoneware?

Spring "Stoned Is Not Necessarily A Mason's Term" Chicken
Spring Texas USA
·

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    I have a lot of P-chef and try to only do indirect and it does fine. the bunt pan is good for meat loaf too, but like you said very juicy. those loo good :)
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i have a lecrusiet lasagna pan i use on the egg all the time this one is not the coated cast iron it is stoneware

DSC_0006-1.jpg

101_0285.jpg

but nothing like yours ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Spring Chicken wrote:
    Did these for tonight's dinner using a stoneware pan that can also be used for bread.

MiniMeatloaf8-3-09.jpg

Turned out okay but a little too watery because the juices had no place to drip out. If we do it again we may remove them from the pan for the final few minutes.

Try putting a piece of loaf bread in the bottom to soak up the liquid.
    ·
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Lovely! I cook meatloaf on a rack over a pan. The stoneware is very pretty, though....
    ·
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    OMG-don't ya' love lasagne on the BGE!
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Is that really root beer in the A&W mug?? :S
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Nothing that a 1/4" masonary bit couldn't fix. :silly:

But seriously, dang good idea if someone wants to spice up their loaf alittle different than the rest of the familys.
    ·
    no it is jim beam and the oldest soda in the united states Vernors Ginger Ale ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    yea i love it although it is alot of trouble because i make my own noodles but it makes it soooo much better ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Very pretty indeed, old friend.
    ·
  • I tried a recipe from the recipe files here, and that suggested to cook it about half way in the pan, then take it out of the pan and finish cooking it upside down.

The red sauce goes on the new top.

It worked nicely, maybe give that a try next time?

·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Cook looks good, appreciate your feebback on the cook.
    ·
  • Made a great egg casserole and some pecan rolls in stoneware a couple of weekends ago! Both recipes that you prepare the night before -sorry no pics - have to great better about that!
    ·
  • Beam and Vernor's is THE drink!!! I'm spoiled though, I only drink Jim Black now.
    ·
    i still make them although i have been putting a shot of woodford on top as a floater ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·