Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini-Meatloaf

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did these for tonight's dinner using a stoneware pan that can also be used for bread.

MiniMeatloaf8-3-09.jpg

Turned out okay but a little too watery because the juices had no place to drip out. If we do it again we may remove them from the pan for the final few minutes.

One is more than enough for two people.

Looks kinda pretty though so I thought I would show it to y'all.

Anybody else cook with stoneware?

Spring "Stoned Is Not Necessarily A Mason's Term" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I have a lot of P-chef and try to only do indirect and it does fine. the bunt pan is good for meat loaf too, but like you said very juicy. those loo good :)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have a lecrusiet lasagna pan i use on the egg all the time this one is not the coated cast iron it is stoneware

DSC_0006-1.jpg

101_0285.jpg

but nothing like yours ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• porterhouse64
    Options
    Spring Chicken wrote:
    Did these for tonight's dinner using a stoneware pan that can also be used for bread.

MiniMeatloaf8-3-09.jpg

Turned out okay but a little too watery because the juices had no place to drip out. If we do it again we may remove them from the pan for the final few minutes.

Try putting a piece of loaf bread in the bottom to soak up the liquid.
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    Lovely! I cook meatloaf on a rack over a pan. The stoneware is very pretty, though....
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    OMG-don't ya' love lasagne on the BGE!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Is that really root beer in the A&W mug?? :S
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Nothing that a 1/4" masonary bit couldn't fix. :silly:

But seriously, dang good idea if someone wants to spice up their loaf alittle different than the rest of the familys.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • BENTE
    Options
    no it is jim beam and the oldest soda in the united states Vernors Ginger Ale ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea i love it although it is alot of trouble because i make my own noodles but it makes it soooo much better ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Very pretty indeed, old friend.
  • I tried a recipe from the recipe files here, and that suggested to cook it about half way in the pan, then take it out of the pan and finish cooking it upside down.

The red sauce goes on the new top.

It worked nicely, maybe give that a try next time?

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Cook looks good, appreciate your feebback on the cook.
  • QCA Egger
    Options
    Made a great egg casserole and some pecan rolls in stoneware a couple of weekends ago! Both recipes that you prepare the night before -sorry no pics - have to great better about that!
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    Beam and Vernor's is THE drink!!! I'm spoiled though, I only drink Jim Black now.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i still make them although i have been putting a shot of woodford on top as a floater ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb