Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Food Saver Help!!!!!

SteveinTNSteveinTN Posts: 223
edited 2:22AM in EggHead Forum
we are on our second food saver. the first lasted forever. the second one does not want to seal after 2 years, sad.

Any suggestions on a different brand or specific model that we should buy. we love to vac seal food for the freezer.

Cant wait till October!

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I'm a firm believer that they are built to be disposable. I'm on my 3rd in about 10 years.
  • SteveinTNSteveinTN Posts: 223
    yes you are right?
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    BGE is one of the few manufacturers that tries to build something to last. I think they know that we will still buy more and more and more. Then party hard and get our friends to buy them.

Regarding the vac packers, 30 bucks a year still makes sense.
  • GeoduckGeoduck Posts: 76
    Buy your next one from Costco. When it fails, take advantage of their no questions asked return policy. Though they can look up your purchase it always helps to save the receipt.
  • SteveinTNSteveinTN Posts: 223
    yes - wish we had a costco....... i hear good things.