Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Egg Recipes for Weight Loss

Options
Eggs-oteric
Eggs-oteric Posts: 15
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
Not sure if this is off topic or not---seems to fit.

What is your best Egg recipe to make when you are watching your weight?

I cooked a weight watchers lasagna on my egg last week---was pretty good :)

Comments

• Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Options
    I think any good vegetable-centric recipe is your ticket. The beauty is you don't miss out on the great smoky flavors as EVERY veggie on the egg comes out phenomenal...and every doctor or diet will tell you to load up on veggies no matter what. My favorite prep is to cut whatever it is I'm grilling, add to a ziplock bag, add olive oil (and sometimes balsamic vinegar), zip up and shake to coat everything. Season on the grill with salt/pepper, a rub, whatever.

The other diet standby is to grill a well-seasoned chicken breast, or large shrimp or salmon filet and eat it on top of mixed greens and fresh cold veggies. Very easy to make as a standard weekly meal and leaves you satisfied!

(not so Large anymore) Marge
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you guys want I could maybe create a section in recipes espcially for low-cal?

Any interest?

Wayne
  • golffer
    golffer Posts: 144
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Now that is a fantastic idea!There will be many members that would seek that out.
  • Dex
    Dex Posts: 85
    Options
    Low Carb would be even better!