Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What I've Learned Today !!!!

Options
520dvx
520dvx Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I learned that a 5.5 lb brisket flat doesn't cook much faster than the larger briskets !!! Been on over 10 1/2 hours and is just now starting to climb out of the plateau. It was up to 162 and dropped to 154 .... it is now back up to 159 and climbing VERY slowly !!!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 520dvx
    Options
    Thanks for the compassion there Molly !!!! :laugh:
  • Deb
    Deb Posts: 11
    Options
    I learned something too...............

Eat lunch while waiting for the brisket...a BIG lunch :whistle:

I'm sure they'll be worth the wait! :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    :laugh: Funny Deb! Jab away!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    Ooookay. I am watching and learning.... :whistle:
  • 520dvx
    Options
    Nothin wrong with candlelight dinner at midnight is there ??? Besides, it will be our anniversary after midnight !! :laugh:
  • Ex-Gasman
    Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
    Options
    Learn to put some ribs on when you do a brisket, at least in 5 hrs you have something to eat.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that for sure! Just jesting you man!! You both enjoy your celebration!! You'll love the brisket I'm sure!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"