Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BLTs - egg style

egginericeggineric Posts: 81
edited 1:51AM in EggHead Forum
Had to cook a blt on the egg. Now the only problem is the wife thinks I need to cook blts now. They were the best blts we have had. Added a little cherry smoke. I think I could eat another.

blt.jpg

Don't mind the fine china.

Comments

• pattontpattont Posts: 39
    How did you cook the bacon? Beforehand?
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Looks delicious! Did you cook the bacon on the BGE prior to assembling?
  • The bacon gets cooked on the egg also. One burnt batch and I had it figured out.
  • Come on!! Give us instructions!!
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    That's a tasty looking sandwich. Do you do take out?
  • I'm no expert, but I grill the bacon direct between 350-400*. Probably cook about 3-4 minutes per side. The first time, I waited for it to get crispy. Might have had a few too many frosty mugs and managed to salvage one piece of bacon that wasn't charred. It doesn't look like it should be crispy, but it is. Add smoke for better flavor. Good luck.
  • I do do carry out. You bring the refreshments Bill.
  • ChappyChappy Posts: 198
    Bacon on the egg isnt easy. I think everyone kills them the first time. I am back to the stove for my bacon.