Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza - first timer

Options
smoky b
smoky b Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Me and the wifey made a couple of pizzas on the egg for the first time last night. It was not bad but we definitely have a ways to go on the crust. The best news was that we used the 14" stone on the medium without toasting the gaskets.

002.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Nice!! that is pretty good for a first time :) I do not show mine LOL
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Congrats on your first pizza. I too have a great deal to learn wrt the dough. I started using premade dough from Giant in the interim. My boys rate it equal to Costco pizza - not a great recommendation :blush:

Good luck!
  • smoky b
    Options
    Too funny. Yeah I wanted to use the feet as a spacer b/w the plate setter and the stone but couldn't find them. I fully expected the bottom to be black!
  • smoky b
    Options
    I'd rate ours better than a frozen pizza and worse than papa johns. Nowhere near mellow mushroom (our favorite). I like costco pizza!
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    We all like Costco pie too, but when evaluating pies my guys use a pizza restaurant in the Bronx we go to before Yankee games as the gold standard - a high hurdle to jump in deed.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    For a first I would call that eggcellent!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • smoky b
    Options
    Yeah that's my goal, to be able to cook something that tastes authentic. You just can't get that in a regular oven. We'll get there. I am finding that the more I get Sarah (wife) involved, the less inclined she is to roll her eyes at my obsession! :lol:
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    Trudat! My wife's grateful I'm cooking. So she just smiles and accepts my addiction. Sort of a husband with benfits if you know what I mean :whistle:
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    Your first time is way better than my first 20 times! :laugh: I begged for help on this forum and got tons of advice. I finally cooked one worth eating last night and will be posting later. With your first time like this, you will be an expert next pizza cook!
  • 520dvx
    520dvx Posts: 78
    Options
    Way better than my first attempt .... looks good