Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare Ribs last night

Options
llrickman
llrickman Posts: 654
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first shot at ribs a little overdone but very very tasty

web.jpg?ver=12491900000001
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    They look good but next time wrap a little foil over the parts that extend past the plate setter. I'd eat those in a heartbeat.
  • llrickman
    Options
    after i put them on i had thought about doing that the smaller country style cut off those are underneath and were a little more done but ohh so tasty.

That was my first low cook and i was amazed at how the egg held 220 without moving. I dont think my oven is that consistent
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Options
    Nice Ribs!
    The only other suggestion is to avoid any rubs or marinades with sugar early on. I've had many racks get burned on the outside even if the temp doesn't get over 300. Sugar burns easily, and I think that those surfaces of the meat that are exposed to the infrared radiant heat from the coals, or a hot draft from the coals may burn if they have any sugar on them.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
  • llrickman
    Options
    I actually used bad byrons butt rub on the ribs it says on the bottle no sugar. I think my problem was where the meat overhung the plate setter.
    Next time i'll do the foil thing

Thinking about an peach cobbler for this evening.
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM