Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's cook is done....

MississippiCoastEgg
MississippiCoastEgg Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is done! Corn looks great about to sit down with some rice, cornbread, corn on the cob, and of course, the chicken!

IMG_0004.jpg

it does look good, hope it taste as good as it looks and smells.....

IMG_0006.jpg

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Great looking bird!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Looks good...what kind of seasoning or is it "The" Chicken?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • I actually injected the chicken with Creole Butter, rubbed it with Emerils' Chicken Rub and finished it off with Sweet Baby Rays Honey Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce.

The family is in the other room with BBQ sauce all over them, I think they like it....
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Now that looks and sounds like a great meal!!! :)

What kind of sauce on the chicken?
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    rotflmao . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks great!! I might do wings today.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Looks very good--it is hard to beat Sweet Baby Ray's sauces....
  • pattont
    pattont Posts: 39
    How were they cooked? Direct or indirect? Temp?
  • I put the grill extender on my XL Egg, no platesetter used so direct with exception of a drip pan under grill extender, put apple juice in the drip pan. Kept dome temp at around 325, used pecan wood for little smoke. Cooked them, to an internal temp of 175 and took them off and covered. BBQ sauce on for the last 10-15 minutes or so.

Injected them with creole butter about 1-2 hours prior. A little Emrils' Chicken Rub. Wife ate some tonight and her sister came over to get some more.... They loved them! I was pleased.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Stacy,

I don't guess you have tried the Carnivore BBQ sauces. Jana and I think they are the best we have tried, including SB Ray's.

Order some from Todd, you will LOVE them.

Sweet, Robust, and Chipotle.