Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help!!! Lid is stuck

Sauced Up
Sauced Up Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
During last nights pizza cook I got a grease smell from previous cooks. After removing pizza I decided to let the temp rise to 650 for 30 minutes hoping to clean.

First time to go to high temp in approximately 25 cooks since gasket replacement. I have been very careful not to overheat, as I have replaced the gasket twice since December 08 purchase of my XL.

First failure I was told by dealer that my egg was possibly one that BGE had with bad felt issue. I replaced with another felt that did not hold up either. After contacting BGE I received the new nomex. Each replacement I cleaned very well and applied with the 3M glue as recommended.(The cleaning not a small feat in itself)

This morning I tried to open to inspect and found the dome is stuck shut. Sense my frustration?

Any ideas as to how to go about opening without damaging the egg?

Comments