Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Attempt ... Update

Options
520dvx
520dvx Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's the results from my 2nd pizza attempt. I used the platesetter legs down with BGE feet on top folled by the stone. Stablized everything at 450. I used a crust recipe from the Food Network from Bobbie Flay and liked it. I still have a lot to learn, but at least these were edible ......

The first one was my wife's .... hamburger and pepperoni with mozzerella and cheddar

005.jpg
013.jpg

This one was mine ... italian sausage, ham, pepperoni, chopped fresh jalapeno, and italian blend cheese. The cheese was very dry .... I'll use mozzerella next time.

015.jpg
031.jpg

Here was our dining room this evening .... that's Kentucky Lake in the background

008.jpg

Severalof these guys were having their dinner on our deck next to us ....

042.jpg

Overall, not perfect, but much better than last time.

Greg

Comments

• GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    pizza looks good, did your enjoy?

Great photo of the humming bird!
  • 520dvx
    Options
    Yes .... we did enjoy. Debbie is the photographer!!

Greg
  • GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    It takes time to get your cooks just the way you want. Just keep cooking.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Wow! Great improvement!! I'm right behind you next weekend.
    Great shot of the hummer1
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Looks pretty good there Greg. Both pizza's sound great. Did you precook the hamburger? I would liked to have seen a closer shot of your wife's pizza.

It looks like you have the heat from the dome and the lump pretty well balanced in your set up now.

Cornmeal and parchment paper?

Great shot of your eating guests. What camera did you use?

Kent
  • Deb
    Deb Posts: 11
    Options
    I can answer part of the questions. Yes, the ground beef was precooked. I loved the crispy cheese on top, just the way I like it :P

018-1.jpg

The camera is a Nikon D40X. I was using a 200mm lens. Didn't have my tripod set up. Was just sitting at the table enjoying dinner and snapped a few shots. They were busy little birds and got lucky with that one. That shot just might end up on the wall somewhere. :)

Oh yeah.....the pizza was awesome! Much better this time.
  • 520dvx
    Options
    Kent ... I don't have a peal ..... I started my pizza on parchment and pulled it part way through the cook hence the cornmeal .... probably wasn't needed.
    Here's a closer pic of Deb's pizza

019.jpg
  • BigGreenDawg
    Options
    I am probably within an hour from you if you live on Ky lake if you ever need any help sampling those pizzas :laugh: They look great. I would have already attempted pizza dough but my m-in-law has our Kitchen Aid mixer-that's my excuse anyway.
  • civil eggineer
    Options
    Very nice looking pies! I cook my pizza's at 400 dome temps for 1/2 hour with great results. I throw a lot of toppings on and it takes awhile to get them heated up without burning the crust. The longer cooking time with lower temperatures seem to work. Pizza's are definitely a wow cook when having guests over for eats.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Nice shot indeed of the bird. Pizza looks great too.

Lately I have been cooking the beef and sausage on the pizza. Got my mouth watering again.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Thanks for posting. I have never tried that type of cheese on a pizza, it sure looks good though.

Very nice job of cooking, seems like you had the setup & heat nailed for this cook.

Sometime when you do pizza make a bbq pizza, use some bbq sauce rather than pizza sauce, left over pulled pork and or chicken, even sausage and ground beef is good. Just make sure you enjoy the bbq sauce you decide to use on the pizza.

Kent
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    Lovely setting! I struggle with pizzas as well--will be posting an attempt this weekend after much instruction from the forum....
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Nice setting - pizzas look good too!