Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIG GREEN EGG

Options
Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WHAT SIZE IS BEST I AM STUCK BETWEEN A MED AND LARGE[p]
THANKS

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    DAVE,[p]If you can swing it, get the large.99% of folks that get a medium wish they had gotten a large. It really doesn't matter, though. You will have one of each when all is said and done!I debated the same thing when I got mine. After looking at the two, side-by-side, I went with the large. It's only a little bit more and as soon as you get it and start enjoying it, you'll wish you'd gotten the large.By going with a large now, when you decide that you want a second egg, which in all likelyhood you will, then you can add a small to go with the large. That will save you money in the long run over getting a medium now and then deciding to add a large later. The medium is a great size. I had one for 3 years. I recently cleaned it, replaced firebox and grill and sold it so I could get a large (I also have a mini)! The medium will do everything and anything a large will do. Space is the only limiting factor. I love the extra space on the large, but don't need the space much on the time. Also, the medium does not use as much lump (charcoal) as the large. I think you love which ever size you get![p][p]
    [p][p] [p][p]
    [/b]
  • those are the responses that I feel are best from other eggsperienced Eggers. Clicked on submit too early :(
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    DAVE, if money is not an object, go with the large. Like Todd said, you'll not go wrong with either but the large is not too big for most things. And if money is not an object, go with the small and large. They make a great team.

• Tar Heel Smokey Mon
    Options
    DAVE,[p]Agree with Wise One and Smokin' Todd. If you're gonna have just one, get the Large. I have a large and a small and use the large most of the time. The small is great for traveling...