Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin with Moorish Sauce

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SPT_041600_181102.jpg
<p />The marinate added a very interesting taste - mostly on the outside of the tenderloin - kind of spicy with lots of flavor. [p]Next time we'll poke a few holes over the surface to let the marinate penetrate deeper into the meat.[p]Just a nice twist to an always good pork tenderloin!

[ul][li]Pork Tenderloin with Moorish Sauce[/ul]

Comments

• Gfw, howbout fileting it out flat, basting it with the sauce, and rolling it back up and tying it? UUMMMMMMMmm!

• Gfw
    K.O.C., actually you might be onto something - I almost cried when I pitched the marinate. Making a filet with the sauce rolled on the inside - great idea - the onions and parsley could really add to the flavor.[p]Thanks - next time we'll do it your way!

• RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    Gfw,
    As per our prior email conversation...this would be the perfect example and use of a vacuum machine to marinate those pork tenderloins!! You wouldnt have to poke holes in the tenderloin, the vacuum would cause the pores to open up and the marinade would penetrate deep into the meat.
    JMHO.....
    Bob

• Gfw, Recipe sounds very good. One thing; was this a pork tenderloin or a pork loin. The tenderloin is much smaller then the loin and should take a marinade easily. The loin is thicker and usually requires a longer brew time.[p]
  • Gfw
    Frozen Chosen, Pork Tenderloin. It did take the marinate. However, next time I'll marinate it longer - the recipe was designed for kabobs - pork cut in 3/4 inch cubes.