Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introducing myself from the North (2)

Options
2»

Comments

• Ms.
    Ms. Posts: 145
    Options
    Thanks for the inside info MaXim. I'll certainly look around for demos in my area.
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    I don't know what looks better....the bread or the view. You are making me homesick for my mountains.
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Hi Isabelle; Welcome! I am new here too...my brother Weekend Warrior, convinced me to get my first egg a little over a month ago (for two years, I thought he was a bit odd--think I used the word "cult" a few times!). He delivered my egg to my door - he traveled from Western Pa to the eggfest in Hampton Beach, NH--I got one of the demo eggs at a reduced price--definately worth doing (if you are considering Nieggarafest!). I am absolutely sold - haven't used my stove in six weeks; two weeks ago, I went out and bought my complimentary mini egg-love, love, love it! Tonight, I did shrimp on fire-wire and spaghetti squash. I have found so much more enjoyment in cooking in the last month. I am going to the Nieggara fest, and am eggcited! I live just an hour from Montreal - where are you in Quebec?
  • Never Summer
    Never Summer Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome Isabelle,

I live in Colorado in the Rocky Mountains and it's pretty much winter from as early as October to as late as May (we even had over an inch of hail a few days ago and it looked like winter again :pinch: :huh: :pinch: ) and I use my egg all the time.

After you've used the egg a few times you can't go back to your old way of cooking certain foods. Steaks are out of this world on the egg and there's nothing like a spatchcock chicken. And that's just the beginning - you'll be amazed at all you can learn from this forum - as you have seen, the folks here are wonderful.

Patty
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

That's funny. Once your hubby eats and cooks on an egg, he will probably be the one who wants a second egg.

GG