Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini- Deal or No Deal?

TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have not priced a Mini so really don't know if this is a bad, OK, good, or great deal. I went by my local BGE dealer today and he has one of the old style Mini's that he has had for a while and is ready to get rid of. He will sell for $250 tax and all. Now this is new from a dealer with full warrenty including the stand. Is it time to be the owner of a MINI?? Not sure how much use it will get with an XL and small. Thanks for any thoughts. Mike

Comments

• emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Close to what I got mine for. I gave 225.00 and have never regreted the price. I use the minki 80% of the time for the 2 of us..
    E
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    You will really like the mini for searing steaks. That being said, $270ish is full retail without the stand. You are geeting a good price aat $250. I think it is about $20 less than a demo at an eggfest.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Not bad at all. the stand is 40 and the mini goes for anywhere from 250 to 270. I would get it. I love ours and we use it most of the time!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

If that includes the stand it is a good deal. If not, and considering the new style is or will be out soon I would spend a few extra bucks and get the newer model.

With that said, I don't mind the old style mini at all and I don't see any reason to upgrade or refit with the newer parts.

GG
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    our mini here in Maine is fine. no issues. the mini in FL is not. and we did not realize it till a few days before we headed home and I could not find the papers to call them about it. just had to much going on LOL so when we go back in DEC we are going to get the new hinge. or when ever it comes out. it does not like to lock in place.
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    "old style" mini? what upgrade has been done? I guess I need to read this forum more often.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    New model has a double hinge and maybe a new style handle, more like all the other BGE's. That was posted by a forum member and not really confirmed. Although while at a BGE dealer today a new pamphlet did show the mini with a double hinge.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Ex-Gasman
    Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
    I posted this earlier, don't know how confirmed it is, but I did talk with BGE HQ, with Regina with promotions and she is the one that told me about the changes. She had saw the prototype and said they should be available by eggfest. So kinda came from the horses mouth.
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Thanks for all of the input! Most seem to be satisfied with the 'old mini'. The hinge did seem to be maybe a weak point but to me was not really a problem since I have the equipment to repair or correct when the warrenty ends on the metal parts, if needed. Seems BGE has already addressed that with the to be released 'new mini'.

I've seen so many nice cooks and inovative ideas for the mini on the forum that I think we will be a 3 BGE family.

Now to go back and find the posts for the mini pizza stones, I see a mini 'plate setter' in the making. :)

Have fun and keep EGGn' Mike
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

With 2 mini's I am sure you know you have to pull the arm forward past straight to get the arm to lock open.

My mini will stay open if I just pull the arm straight, but if I bump the dome or something the dome will fall shut. Once I pull the arm past straight the dome is locked open. But you knew that, right.

Kent
  • I paid $250 for my Mini last December and that was a good-enough price. Heard of very few who got theirs for less and the price was supposed to go up in January.

B@stard dealer charged me over $50 for the stand 3 weeks ago. I had waited since January and I was taking it with me on vacation the next day.
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    I think mine was 260 plus stand...$319 total w/tax. Worth pretty much any price, because it is an awesome little cooker.