Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 eggs...first gasket to go

FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As most of you know, I just got my mini a week or so ago. This is my third egg. I've had a large almost four years now and my small just about two. I've never had a problem at all....until last night. I was heating the mini to make wings. I'm not used to it yet, at all. This thing heats up in a HURRY!!! Well, I wasn't paying a lot of attention as I was putting Firewalk on my wings and went back outside to check the temp. OMG!!! It's on 650* and climbing!!! I shut the slider to a sliver and got the daisy wheel almost shut. I though, well, I'll open it up and let some heat off. &%&$*$&% darned top gasket falls on the grid from the back and is stuck to the front. I never did think I was going to get the thing apart where I could get my wings on the grid. I did finally but it was a mess. I'll call and get a new gasket on it's way today, but I sure was surprised!!!

Another thing I've learned after cooking a few times on the mini is that I for sure want a new band set when they come out. I HATE that hinge on the side.

Comments