Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

salmon

Options
tach18k
tach18k Posts: 1,607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
without a kitchen right now and Taco Bell and hamburgers is getting old, need some fish now, what a good way for salmon?

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    tach18k,[p]There are plenty of good ways to do salmon. Here is a link to the way I prefer.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

[ul][li]3 Men Smokin Fish[/ul]
  • a stick
    a stick Posts: 69
    Options
    tach18k,[p]The dizzy pig website has a great maple-crusted salmon recipe. My rub was a little overpowering the time before, so last week here's what I did for three salmon steaks after just sprinkling salt and pepper on them:[p]Direct heat at 275 for 25 minutes.
    CAREFULLY flip and cook for 10 minutes.
    Flip, brush top side with maple syrup and butter. I used 1/4 c syrupo and 1 Tbs butter. Cook for 2 minutes.
    Flip, brush, and go for another 2 minutes.[p]Take 'em off and enjoy.

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    astick,[p]This is fantastic! Even my 8 year old loves it and he hates everything except cookies and power rangers.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    tach18k,[p]Foolproof salmon fillet: Sprinkle it with lime juice and season salt. Set it on a raised grid, with celery stalks or lettuce leaves or rosemary under it, so it does not stick to the grid. Get the dome to 250 degrees, with several wood chunks on the fire. Cook for 45 min. That's it. [p]250 for 45: Simple. Great.

• GreenEggs&Ham
    Options
    tach18k,
    Salmon fillets from Costco (skin removed)
    Aquire a bottle of SoyVeh Teriyaki sauce and marinade fillets for several hours. Get egg temp to 275 (dome), sprinkle small amount of mesquite chips on fire, plate setter legs-up, grid, and fillets in on a fish grate, BBQ wok (basket) for aprox. 45 min. No need to turn. Wife tells me the best salmon she's ever eaten and twin 7yr olds wolf it down and look for more. I'd imagine that any other teriyaki marinade you prefer would work. Try it & report back if you do...

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    tach18k,
    i thin slice about 4 lemons. . .rub the salmon filets with olive oil and any one of several rubs to suit my families tastes (dizzy ragin river, tsunami spin or jamaican firewalk or ken stones gilded splinters). . .set the egg up at 400 degrees with direct grill. . lay the lemon slices all over the grill, then cook the fish about 8 - 10 minutes per side until firm (we like them a little under-done in the center). .. the lemon keeps the fish from sticking to the grill and provides a nice infusion of flavor (the lemons burn, but never seem to provide a bitter or other bad taste to the fish). . . .

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    tach18k,
    All of these suggestions are good. I like to smoke mine over several good chunks of alder, direct at 250°, for about an hour. I also coat liberally with Raging River Rub and add a little salt and lemon pepper.