Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

taking apart the BGE *Help*

Options
Big Papa
Big Papa Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My table for my large is complete and ready for my BGE.

My question is. what all do i have to do to disassemble the BGE?

Do I just need to take the 2 large band bolts off and thats it?

I havce the mates on it, so they need to com off too.

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Why take it apart? Just take the insides out and get help lowering it into the table.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Corey

You can just loosen the bottom band bolt and then grab the whole dome/bands/mates and take them right off. Be sure and hold the bottom band when lifting as they are spring loaded. Tricky part is setting it down with those mates folded down. I set mine on a rubber made tub with the mates folded down.

Pictures of the table would be cool :whistle:
  • Big Papa
    Big Papa Posts: 220
    Options
    I want to take the mates off though.

So,
    If I just loosen the lower band, I can release the top dome and put the lower part in first.

Is that correct?
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Yup. Then you can take the mates off the band and put it back together. Make it tight and check again in a week or so, when the egg is cold.

Sounds like you have a nest,cover and those mates as eggstras too. Think I'll Craigs list mine.
  • zipur74
    zipur74 Posts: 48
    Options
    you should tie wrap the spring in the down position first.
    That spring is very strong and it will be hard to get things lined up if you don't